The Historic Pella Trust, established in 1994, is a non-profit preservation group who helps to preserve Pella’s architectural resources so that future generations will continue to be enriched by the historic legacy of Pella’s Dutch heritage and culture. We serve in a counseling and advisory capacity regarding historically correct architecture and disseminate information regarding restoration and reconstruction of facilities.
Our Mission Statement is:
To Protect and Promote Buildings, Landscapes, and Sites
Important to the Heritage of Pella, Iowa.
Protect & Promote our Heritage
Our office is located in the oldest building in Pella, Iowa, The Thomas Tuttle Cabin Build in 1843. We do provide tours of this historic landmark.
The Trust interacts to rescue historically significant property in danger of demolition. Restoration of these properties and protection covenants are arranged by our organization. We take an active approach towards historic preservation advocacy working with local, state and national government agencies to document and preserve.
Members receive our newsletter “Preserve Pella”. Our annual meeting is in November, by tradition we honor several Pella homeowners with a Historic Landmark plaque and award during this meeting.
Recent Blog Posts
- Red Rock Line October 28, 2018
- KNIA KRLS Radio Coverage of the Waechter House Move October 27, 2018
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony; KNIA KRLS Radio Broadcast of the Collegiate Historic District Neighborhood October 17, 2018
- Historic home restoration and preservation isn’t just for men! Jill Jansen featured in the Pella Chronicle… October 13, 2018
- Jill Jansen and Rhonda Kermode preview the upcoming block party on Broadway October 9, 2018
- Bob Leonard’s In Depth Radio Program on the Historic District October 9, 2018
- Collegiate Historic District Block Party Rescheduled to October 13, 2018 October 8, 2018
- COLLEGIATE NEIGHBORHOOD HISTORIC DISTRICT NEWSLETTER October 5, 2018
- Historic Wagon Donated to HPT October 4, 2018
- Spring Field Trip to Tuttle Cabin October 4, 2018
In the News and Events
A Tuttle Christmas Open House
Thursday, November 29, Noon – 7. Friday, November 30 10-7 and Saturday, December 1, 10-2
Fund Raising has begun for the Tuttle Learning Walkway! A educational pathway that shares the early history of Pella Iowa. The future path will connect two National Landmarks; Tuttle Cabin and Sunken Garden Park and Windmill.