The Historic Pella Trust, established in 1994, is a non-profit preservation group who helps to preserve Pella’s architectural resources so that future generations will continue to be enriched by the historic legacy of Pella’s Dutch heritage and culture.
- The Trust is dedicated to the preservation, protection and restoration of Pella’s architectural resources.
- We rescue property from demolition, restore and maintain historically significant properties.
- HPT also provides historic preservation advocacy and community education
- Together we work to preserve our Dutch heritage and culture through community actions and support.
- We help to place a property in the National Registry of Historic places and explain the tax benefits for doing so.
- We aid in the placement of additional covenants and overlays needed to protect a property from destruction and to maintain historic qualities.
Historic Pella Trust Properties Under our Protection and Ownership
- Tuttle Cabin 1843
- Added to the National Register of Historic Places in June 13, 2014
- Rock House 1856
- Added to the National Register of Historic Places in May 2001
- Soul Sleepers Church – First Christian Church 1860
- Added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2006