The Historic Pella Trust is a not-for-profit organization that works toward the preservation and restoration of Pella’s historic architectural homes and buildings. Formed in 1994 by a group of devoted men and women, the Trust’s goal is to protect and preserve Pella’s heritage, so that future generations will continue to be enriched by the historic legacy that is the foundation of Pella’s Dutch heritage.
The Trust has saved countless buildings from destruction, including the Soul Sleepers Church and the Stegeman Store. Recently, the Trust acquired, renovated, and opened the Tuttle Log House, which, built in 1843, is the oldest structure in Pella. The Historic Pella Trust is currently working to establish a Historic District in the neighborhood from downtown Pella to Central College. By getting this special designation, home owners in the area are eligible for special grants and tax incentives to upgrade and repair their homes. This means Pella can continue to enjoy some of these delightful historic streets for many years to come. Through their work, the Trust fosters pride in the community, maintains Pella’s heritage, and attracts visitors, all while stimulating economic growth and development.
Historic Pella Trust, Inc.
Tuttle Log House address: 608 Lincoln Street
Mailing address: PO Box 1, Pella, Iowa 50219